Relationship Marketing Explained:
We like to call relationship marketing – emotional long term marketing because people buy from people they know and trust as a friend. People must know and feel that you really care about them as a person and that the relationship is valuable to them over time. If all you do every time that you are around people is to sell, sell and sell to them, then you will lose your credibility and trust as a person who cares about them. They will no longer be connected to you in a positive and emotional way. They will only see you as another high pressure sales person and not a friend. People want to be around people who really show that they care about them and have their best interest at heart. This is shown over time every time.
Relationship marketing is all about LONG TERM relationships and not SHORT TERM relationships. If you treat people in your life as if they were just a crowd of people in the local mall passing by your store then you will lose in the long run. If you want someone to be loyal to you over time then you must be loyal to them over time. They MUST feel good about knowing you and being around you every time they see you. Your interactions with people can’t be just TRANSACTIONAL but it has to be RELATIONAL. The emotions we experience build pictures in our minds that become our belief system about everyone and everything. You must have tools that help you to do just that.
- A simple text to let them know you are checking on them and pray everything is great in their life.
- A card with their memories on it and a note telling them how much you value their friendship.
- A simple phone call to have a simple conversation with them about their lives, families and even their needs.
- Loyalty programs
- Returned calls
- Remembering people’s birthdays and anniversaries
- Just thinking of you notes
- Going the extra step by being interested in their best interests and welfare
- Giving people a chance to share and be heard.
When you take the time to listen and you respond to them to help them with their needs or requests this shows them that you really care and value them.
- Establishing a fear free zone relationship.
When people trust you they share with you their needs, wants and desires. They are more willing to allow you to share with them your ideas, products and services that will help them without you trying to sell to them up front.
- Including people in your social activity invites:
Example: Company or social BBQ’s and fun get togethers. After hour hangouts etc.
- Sending thank you cards with gifts or flowers often shouts out that you value them.
- Emotional interaction is everything.
The more emotional that people are about you the more they want to be connected to you. People always join people.
- Inviting people to come hear a motivational speaker or life coach at your next luncheon to help them in their personal lives lets people know that you care more about helping them instead of what you can get out of them.
- Having fun. When people have fun they always come back.
- It is less expensive to keep existing customers thank to advertise to get new customers.
Our power packed programs do that for you in a very powerful way. When a person gets a constant touch by you it builds an emotional bond and trust that can last a lifetime.
From a business perspective it just makes sense that word of mouth marketing is more valuable than advertising marketing.
Fact: More money earned and less money spent from word of mouth marketing just makes money sense. Word of mouth marketing happens when people tell everyone they know about you, what you have done for them and how valuable your products or services were to them.
Happy staffs are productive staffs. Happy clients are productive clients. Happy partners are productive partners. Get the picture? It really is “ALL ABOUT PEOPLE” taking care of each other. People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. When you start your relationship marketing programs you will soon see the value and impact that it will have on you and everyone that you’re connected to. It really is all about taking the time to connect with people over a period of time, to show value, care, trust and love.
The power of relationship marketing retains, generates and creates referrals.
We would love to help you master the art of RELATIONSHIP MARKETING by offering you our services, our training programs, our powerful relationship marketing tools and ideas that will help you to better succeed in your life and business. Our life coaching lectures can make a huge impact on the people you care about and work with. Let us help you. A simple phone call can change everything for you. Contact us today.
Dr H and Lady Karin